Thursday, June 30, 2011

My First Cupcake Gig: Graduation!

I got my call for my very first paid event.  It was magical.  I had to make 75 cupcakes for a graduation party for my boyfriend's cousin and it was sooooo much fun.  I decided to go with three different kinds so that I made 25 of each kind.  Worked a lot easier except for the fact that most batches go by the dozens... oh well.  Tons of extras to eat right?  So I went with...

Respectively, Red Velvet with a Cream Cheese Frosting.  Surprise, surprise, it was boxed.  I added chocolate sprinkles around the rim for some more color, and topped it off with a fondant diploma.  In the middle is again, boxed funfetti with store bought vanilla frosting.  Yeah not too hard... but those caps were! I adapted off this fellow blogspotter and genius.  Incredible.  Lastly is my FAVORITE cupcake of all time that I found on my personal favorite food blogging site, Annie's Eats, linked to the right of my page.  MAGNIFICENT. :)  Here's a better picture of all three that I made:

It was an awesome experience that definitely opened doors for future "gigs". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment