Sunday, October 9, 2011

Caramel Apples

I'm absolutely in love with Fall, and I cannot tell you how much I was looking forward to Fall festivities.  :)  First, I love the weather; although this Indian Summer's getting to be a bit much for me.  It's nice and all, but I want my low 60s sunny weather back please.  Thanks.  But anyhow, I love everything about fall, the weather, the food, the holidays. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to pumpkins, candy, turkey and all.  But the thing I look MOST forward to, is caramel apples.  I wait for the day the Walgreens by my house has them right in front of the register, that's when I know the best time of year is approaching. :)

Now, I tried making caramel apples one time, but with caramel candies that I just melted and dipped.  Also, I tried washing some peanuts (because I can't EVER find any that are not salted) and crushing them, then rolling the apples around in the peanuts, but I never really seemed successful.  Well.  Today, I had the boyfriend, Damien, look up a recipe on his iPhone for a good caramel sauce, while I was cleaning the kitchen.  Haha, yes he does help me.  He claims he hates it, but I secretly think he's intrigued beyond control. Anyhow.  I think I dipped the apples too soon, because they were sliding a bit in the beginning but then really started to adhere when I came around to the last few.   You can see for yourself in the pictures!  Regardless, they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment